Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Series in my Work. :Female Figures.The female figures emerged in my paintings in an unexpected way.

For example  "the Serranillas" were  part of my painting called "Te veo limeña...” (I see you, limeña) where there appeared four of them, which later were "The Serranillas"* .


*The "Serranillas" were named by me as such, in remembrance of the Marquis de Santillana(1398-1458), who wrote beautiful sonnets called “serranillas” about the meeting between a gentleman and a mountain woman, in a time before América's  discovery . I copied in each of my “serranillas”, some lines of the number VI serranilla .


As for the so-called  "country women" they  also appeared in one of my  paintings, in one  called “Recuerdo que...” (I remember that....). Link to both paintings http://en.arelisapinturas.com.ar/WORKS/EXHIBITIONS/
that are from "Navegantes" exhibition.
Recuerdo que...(I remember that)
Te veo limeña ( I see you limeña) 


The last three of  the serie have their own life, and aren't part of any painting I have done before, although "Campesina con máscara y Gyngko Biloba" ( Country women  with mask and gyngko biloba) and " Trofeos"(Rewards) are undoubtely what I called, with a little smile, country women, (campesinas).



All the works in this serie were exhibited, and you can see the details of each one in my website : 
Serie : Female figures.


Links to other series in my work(in this blog):
Series in my Work. :.MAGIC ABACUS.(Ábacos Mágicos).
http://arelisapaints.blogspot.com/2011/07/series-en-my-work-abacos-magicos.html
Series in my works: Paintings and photos that ilustrate my stories
http://arelisapaints.blogspot.com/2011/10/series-in-my-works-works-ilustrating-my.html
Series in my Work : ABSTRACT.
Series in my Work. :.Mythical.